Press on or glue-on nails are false nails that you can fix at your home. The best press on nail kit should maintain a healthy nail bed and should last between 1-3 weeks. Other factors to consider when selecting a press on nail kit are the cost, color, design, length, and occasion.
What Is A Press On Nail Kit?
Press on nails are artificial nails made of acrylic resin. Press on nail kits differ in size, shape, styles, colors, and cost. Also, there are different types of acrylic resins, and they are made of specific ingredients depending on the brand and model.
A basic press-on nail kit must include the nails, file, cuticle pusher, and nail glue. The nails come in a container with five compartments, and each has different sizes of nails so that each press on the nail fits perfectly on each nail shape. The file helps to trim them to the desired length.
Press on nails last an average of one week, but they can last up to three weeks with more outstanding care. Some are recyclable, depending on the quality.
Steps To Follow When Applying Press On Nail Kits
- Get your preferred brand press-on nail kit.
- File the nails to the desired length and shape.
- Clear the old nail polish.
- Apply two coat of clear polish and wait for it to dry.
- Wash and dry your hands again.
- Apply the glue and fix your nail.
To remove the press-on nails, soak your hands in warm soapy water for 15 minutes.
How To Make Your Press On Nails Last Longer
- Apply the press on nails on a clean hand; oil and dirt weaken the glue’s adhesiveness.
- Apply the amount of glue depending on how long you want to stay with the artificial nails. For a shorter period, apply a few drops of the adhesive and cover the entire nail with glue for a more extended period.
- Wear shorter nails as they last longer than long nails.
- Take precautions when taking a shower to avoid submerging your nails and water. Warm water and soap remove the nails.
- Use a different glue from the one that comes with the kit.
- Apply pressure on the nail for 30 seconds immediately after fixing each nail.
- Avoid touching water for at least two hours after fixing the press-on nail.
Advantages Of Press On Nail Kits
- They are easy to put on. You only follow four simple steps to put it on, and it takes less than 10 minutes to complete the whole process.
- The press-on nail kit is affordable – some nail kits cost less than $10.
- You can easily remove the nails without damaging your natural nails.
- They protect your nails from trauma and other physical damage, such as reflexive nail-biting.
- They save time.
The 6 Best Press On Nail Kits To Buy Right Now
1. KISS Impress Press On Nail Kit
The kit comes with 30 nails in 6 accents for each hand. The kit is affordable, and it comes with adhesive, nail glue, orange stick, and file.
The top cover is an unbreakable topcoat that makes it to last more than a week. It has a superior outer shine that compares to a complete manicure gel polish.
2. KISS Glam Fantasy
The kit is best for those who love bold nails. The nails sets are available in short, medium, and long lengths and have various shapes such as a coffin, almond, and square.
The kiss glam fantasy press on set kit has 28 nails and a tube of glue. Though the nails in this kit are thinner, the nails can last for about ten days.
3. My Empress Press On Nail Kit
The nail kit comes with 24 nails and 24 adhesive glue stickers. The nails are made by non-toxic materials that are safe for your nails and environmentally friendly.
Depending on the glue used and care, the empress press-on kits last one to two weeks. Similar to other press on kits, it is easy to fix and fits all occasions.
4. Static Press On Nails
The static kit gives you a simple, instant manicure look with a little extra oomph. The nails are durable, and once the nail comes out, it can be reapplied. Each kit has different shapes for each hand, nail glue, and a nail file.
5. Makartt Press On Nails Set
This is one of the most popular nails kits in the market today and it gives a bold and unique look. Makartt press on kit comes with a nail file, nail glues, an acrylic case, and 500pcs ballerina nail tips.
The Makartt kit is also an ideal gift idea. The coffin-shaped nails are easy to paint and to apply and this gives them a natural and elegant.
6. Dashing Diva Magic Press
The kit is suitable for persons who love short nails. Each set has 30 nails, a mini file, an alcohol pad, and an orange stick.
The nail has adhesive on the outer side; thus, it doesn’t require nail glue. However, they only last a maximum of 2 days, but the durability can be enhanced by adding nail glue.
Press-on nails are an easy and fast way of doing your nails at home. The nails’ different shapes, designs, and colors give you a stunning manicure look that makes you stand out on every occasion.
The main advantage of the press-on nail is that you don’t have to make trips to the salon, thus saves you time and money. Applying several clear coats on your natural nails protects your nail from the glue and makes it easier to remove the false nails.