Manicure is no longer reserved for the chipping nail polish, the acrylics, or the gel manicures. Something unique has hit the streets! The dip powder manicure.
What Is Dip Powder?
If you don’t know it yet, it is the technique of using colorful powder to create a glossy, colorful coat on the nails. It dates back to the 1980s.
Unlike the other manicure methods, it lasts up to four weeks; it is safe and gentler on the nails. It, however, costs quite a handful since it is high on demand and requires more time and tools than your regular.
How To Set It
1. After you get yourself a kit, apply a base coat on clean, smooth nails for an even coating.
2. Dip your nail in a pot of pigmented powder. This is unique since you won’t paint your nails with a brush as in nail polish and gel manicures.
3. Tap or brush off the excess powder
4. Repeat the process one more time for a fuller and smoother coat.
5. Then paint on a clear activator polish. The activator turns the powder coating glossy and connected to the nails.
6. After it dries off, apply a clear coat of polish, and that’s it! See you again after four weeks.
How To Remove
1. Wrap clothes with acetone or soak your nails in acetone for ten minutes. The coat above your nails will dissolve.
2. Wipe it off completely.
You now know how to set your nails with dip powder nail manicure. You should, therefore, proceed to understand what can work for you. Keep scrolling.
6 Best Dip Powder Nail Kits Available
1. For Beginners – Red Carpet Manicure Color Dip Starter Kit
Don’t be left out. This basic kit is user-friendly with an activator, base coat, topcoat, brush restorer, and a classic red powder in the package. The only thing you need from your side is a steady hand.
2. For Pros – DipWell Dipping Nail Starter Kit
It has everything suitable for a dip manicure from home if you have experience doing it. It uses a strong adhesive to bond the coat and the nail, and it can be removed in just 15 minutes.
It has a bond, base, activator, sealer, file, buffer, cuticle pusher, and brush. Additionally, it has a variety of dipping powders, such as; base powder, a finishing powder, French white, and sheer Pink dipping powders.
3. For Healthy Nails – MEFA Dip Powder Nail Kit
The powder is synthesized with a nail protection foam of vitamin E and calcium for firmer nails. It comes with a base coat, top gel, activator, and a brush. It is free of the chemical smells.
4. Budget-Friendly – KISS Salon Dip Professional Dipping System Kit
This kit from KISS salon is pocket-friendly. It also comes with an activator, brush-on-gel, sponge, dip tray, file, and 20 white tips for a beautiful finish.
5. For Glitter – Nicole Diary Dipping Nail Powder Kit
If you want your nails all shiny, get this. It comes with six glittery hues for a perfect glitz and glam, despite missing on a top coat, base, and activator.
6. For French Tips – Lavender Violets Dip Powder Nail Kit
It comes with four shades of white, clear, bare pink, cradle pink, along with a gel activator, base, and top gels, and a brush. With this, you can achieve your French manicure without smelling the chemicals.
It’s so easy to bring a salon to your home for a dip powder manicure and not incur service charges. Just get any of these kits, and forget the salons.